Quotes To Inspire Cancer Patients:
Well Wishes For Friends Fighting Cancer
1. This must be a really tough time for you, but I wanted to let you know that Im so impressed by your courage and endurance.
2. You are so determined to beat this cancer, and Im so proud of you. You are an inspiration to everyone around you!
3. The road ahead of you looks scary, but I wanted to let you know that we are here to support you every step of the way.
4. You have faced every doctors appointment with grace and strength, and I am in awe of how strong you are!
5. I want to be here for you in any way that I can. Is it okay with you if I schedule a cleaning service to come in next week?
6. I have no doubt that you will tackle cancer the same way you have every other obstacle in your life: with grit and determination and your fierce Ive-got-this attitude!
7. When the day comes that you are cancer-free, I will be there to celebrate right alongside you. Keep up that positive attitude because youve got this.
8. Dont think about it like you are dying from cancer you are living with cancer. And one day, youll be living without it!
9. Cancer picked the wrong diva to mess with! I am so sorry you are going through this, but I know you will fight it with all that you have.
10. When Im having a bad day, I think of you and your positive attitude. You are such an inspiration, and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
12. If you are feeling up for it on Saturday, Id love to take you for something to eat. Tell me where you want to go, and I will be there to pick you up!
Helpful Things To Say To A Person With A Serious Illness
Don’t be afraid to talk with your friend who has a serious diagnosis, even if you’re not quite sure what to say. Just being there and saying something is important. Here are some good options to guide your conversation.
- “I don’t know exactly what to say, but please know how much I care.”
- “What can I do for you?” Dr. Fisher says to make sure you actually can offer the person practical support before asking them what they need. It’s good to offer concrete and practical ways to help, including taking them to their medical appointments, helping them get their affairs in order, running errands for them, or helping them keep up with the things they loved to do before getting sick.
- “I’m always here if you ever want to talk.”
- “I’m so sorry this happened to you.”
Recommended Reading: Shoulder Pain That Radiates Down The Arm
What To Write In A Card For Someone With Cancer
When we get news that someone we care about has been diagnosed with cancer, or that their cancer has returned, or spread to other parts of the body, it can be devastating. We want to help them, show them that we care about them, and that we love them. But how to do that in a card? What can we write in a card for someone with cancer that will help them with their struggle?
Its a complicated question that changes depending on our relationship with them, as well as the stage theyre in. There are a few things to consider when you want to write to someone who has cancer, so along with examples of messages you can write in your cards, well also consider this from different points of view depending on where your loved one is in terms of their cancer: Diagnosis, Treatment, Remission, End of Life.
Eight Encouraging Words For Cancer Patients Who Are Undergoing Chemotherapy
Chemotherapy is one of the most common forms of cancer treatment to date, but it can cause several unpleasant side effects that can dampen anyones mood. Here are eight messages for cancer patients who are undergoing chemotherapy:
Theres no doubt in any of our minds that this is a tough time for you and your family, but I reached out to let you know how much I admire your bravery and courage. Ive never heard you complain or show fear. You are an inspiration to all of us!If someone told me that you had cancer and were undergoing chemo treatments, Id tell them to stop lying. You have never stopped glowing, and you arent showing any signs of illness or defeat! I wish that I were as strong as you. Youre a true example of what it means to be a strong woman!I just heard from your husband that you are two treatments away from being done with chemotherapy! You did it, this is the home stretch! How does it feel to almost be cancer-free, champ?You may not feel like youre doing well, but to me, you are the most courageous person I know! You have tackled this disease without missing a beat, and you are well on your way to recovery! I just want you to know that if you ever stumble, your friends and family love you and have your back. They will never allow you to fall!
Don’t Miss: How To Stimulate Salivary Glands After Radiation
Fighting Cancer Quotes To Encourage You To Have Something To Look Forward To And Keep Going
101. One of the things that can help people with cancer is having something that you really look forward to doing, so that you can focus on that while the treatments are going on. I guess its like saying, I have unfinished business left before I die. Joe Marelle
102. Cancer gave me an understanding of the point of all this. To survive. Most of our lives it is easy but for the moments when it becomes difficult, when an accident or sickness or sadness strikes, its just about remembering one thing. You must simply survive. Shaun Hick
103. I think cancer is a hard battle to fight alone or with another person at your side, but I will say having someone to pick you up when you fall, standing by your side through every appointment and delivery of bad news, is priceless. Jenna Morasca
104. Cancer has shown me what family is. It showed me a love that I never knew really existed. Michael Douglas
105. Who can say they have been through cancer twice and beat it? Confront the world, Aundrea. Youre alive. Be proud of the strong woman you are and stop hiding behind your wig. Amanda Maxlyn
106. The failure to think positively can weigh on a cancer patient like a second disease. Barbara Ehrenreich
107. A life touched by cancer is not a life destroyed by cancer. Drew Boswel
110. There can be life after breast cancer. The prerequisite is early detection. Ann Jillian
Comforting Words For Someone With Cancer
Also Check: Prostate Cancer Treatment Radiation Seeds
What Is A Good Quote For Cancer
What makes good inspirational cancer quotes is a common question and it really depends on what you are using quotes for. Are you looking for inspiration for yourself? trying to cheer on a loved one or friend, looking for ways to support a family touched by cancer?
There are many uses for inspirational cancer quotes and cancer memes and we have a range for you below.
Any Time You Need To Talk Ill Listen
Having someone there to just listen can be enormously helpful for someone with cancer. Theyre experiencing a lot of emotions, and you can provide an outlet for whatever they want to talk about.
Start a CaringBridge Site
A free CaringBridge online health journal allows you to update everyone at once and offers a scheduling tool to help you coordinate caring tasks.
Recommended Reading: Gifts For Men Going Through Chemo
More Fighting Cancer Quotes And Sayings
61. Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.Lance Armstrong, Sally Jenkins
62. Everyone in this world is breathing borrowed air.Rachael Lippincott
63. The best way to deal with Change is to lead it!Clifford L Feightner
64. You are stronger than cancer beat it.Odeta Stuikys Rose
65. You have to fight because if you dont, you let the opponent win, and if your opponent is cancer, the results can be deadly.Lawrence Wray
66. We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realise we only have one.Lawrence Wray
67. Cancer doesnt have to define you.
68. Well to be fair, I said, I mean she probably cant handle it. Neither can you, but she doesnt have to handle it. And you do.John Green
69. Love and laughter are two of the most important universal cancer treatments on the planet. Overdose on them.Comic Strip Mama
70. Being positive is the best medicine you can take. Maggie Howard, sarcoma survivor
Positive Message For Cancer Patients Family
May this darkness does not overwhelm you. Have faith in the Almighty. May God bless you.
I know. Lately, you have been dealing with a lot. But never lose hope. Have faith in God. Hopefully, God can save all of us.
Fighting cancer isnt easy, but you cant escape it. Have the courage to face it and move forward.
Cancer is scary, but I want you to know that you can rely on me in all of this.
Cancer can not keep a whole family down. Dont lose hope and keep fighting.
May God bless you with the bravery to fight cancer. This challenging time shall pass too.
Keep praying even though cancer is attempting to bring darkness to your family.
Keep battling, and let cancer be the darkness that fades away as the day passes.
Don’t Miss: Foods To Eat While On Chemo
A Final Note About Using Humor For Encouragement
Just a little bit of humor can go a long way for a cancer patient. With the negative thoughts in their head and sometimes even negative words they hear from others, it might just be that one funny thing you said that brings a smile to their face in a time of despair.
Some of these words and sayings wont work well for every person, so pick and choose what you think would bring a smile to their face. If there are a few words that would sound natural coming out of your mouth, say them.
Its better to say the words than it is to wonder if they could have helped in some way. You dont have to make them laugh every time you talk with them, but giving them even a little bit of joy during their rocky journey can bring hope and happiness into their life, even when youre not there.
Fighting Cancer Quotes To Make You Strong
31. Having cancer gave me membership in an elite club Id rather not belong to. Gilda Radner
32. Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence it pushes one to live.
33. Cancer is such a ruthless adversary because it behaves as if it has its own fiendishly cunning agenda. Paul Davies
34. Some days there wont be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. Emory Austin
35. Cancer affects all of us, whether youre a daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, or patient. Jennifer Aniston
36. We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival. Winston Churchill
37. Optimism is the foundation of courage. Nicholas Murray Butler
38. Cancer is only going to be a chapter in your life, not the whole story Joe Wasser
39. Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances that we know to be desperate. G. K. Chesterton
40. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength. Corrie ten Boom
Don’t Miss: Head And Neck Cancer Specialist
What If The Person ‘s Cancer Comes Back
In some cases, a persons cancer will come back and treatment might begin again or a new treatment might be needed. The person with cancer may or may not react the same way they did the first time. Again, communication is key. Most people are quite upset if they learn their cancer is back. They may feel they dont have the emotional or physical reserves to get through it again, they might be empowered to be as strong as possible. They may have expected it to come back, or are simply ready to face it again. By equipping yourself with the knowledge of how best to talk to the person with cancer, you can be most helpful to them.
When Someone You Know Has Cancer
Finding out that someone you know has cancer can be difficult. If youre very close to the person, this can be a frightening and stressful time for you, too. If you are not comfortable talking about cancer, you might not be the best person for your friend to talk with at this time. You may need some time to work through your own feelings. You can even explain to your friend that you are having trouble talking about cancer. You might be able to help them find someone who is more comfortable talking about it by helping them look for support groups or connecting with a community or religious leader.
But if you feel you want to be there to help the person in your life with cancer, here are some suggestions for listening to, talking with, and being around this person. Communication and flexibility are the keys to success.
Recommended Reading: What Are The Signs Lung Cancer