Inspirational Quotes For Cancer Survivors Fighters And Caregivers
Keeping a positive outlook is proven to help with stress management, but when someone says to “think positive” or “be optimistic” during a time such as cancer, it can be much easier said than done.
Keeping a positive outlook is proven to help with stress management, but when someone says to “think positive” or “be optimistic” during a time such as cancer, it can be much easier said than done. We know that cancer isn’t all rainbow and butterflies, and once a patient enters a dark mindset, it can be hard to get out of it. But most of us have that one message of hope and inspiration that somehow manages to help bring some perspective and optimism to a situation.
1. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live. Stuart Scott. Live your life by your own terms, not cancer’s.
2. Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go. You may not be where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be. It can be easy to get caught up in how far you have to go. Don’t forget to look back, and recognize how far you have come. Every day brings you one step closer.
3. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you’d ever imagined. Don’t let cancer cause you to sell yourself short or forget your worth.
4. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t. Thomas Edison. Keep searching for what you’re looking for. You will find it.
Facing The Final Stages Of Life
When someone’s cancer is no longer responding to treatment, it can also be a scary time for those close to them. No matter how hard it might be, it’s still important to try to be there to give support. Try to follow the cues and stay in the background but be available when they need you.
Some people worry about what to say when a person with cancer talks or asks about dying. Listen to them and be open and honest. Dont try to answer questions that you dont know the answers to. Offer to help them reach out to their health care team. There are no magic words for a person who is dying, but often your presence and support goes a long way.
When Would You Like Some Company
Some people dont want to entertain and talk to others 24/7, which is completely OK. Asking your friend or loved one when they want company not only shows that you acknowledge that they need space, but also that you truly care about them and their mental health. Give them the time they need and be there for them once theyre ready.
Also Check: How To Gain Weight After Chemo And Radiation
How Does Someone Cope With Cancer
People develop all kinds of coping styles during their lives. Some people are quite private, while others are more open and talk about their feelings. These coping styles help people manage difficult personal situations, although some styles work better than others.
Some people use humor and find it a relief from the serious nature of the illness. But some may become withdrawn and isolated from family and friends. A cancer diagnosis creates a lot of change. People often try to maintain as much control as they can to feel more secure. Some people become very angry or sad. They might be grieving the loss of their healthy self-image, or the loss of control over their lives.
Some people find it helps to simply be hopeful and do what they can to maintain that hope. Hope means different things to different people. And people can hope for many things while facing cancer.
You might assume that someone who is positive and optimistic must be denying the fact that they have cancer. If the person with cancer seems upbeat and unaffected by having cancer, dont assume theyre in denial. Making the most of every day may simply be their way of coping. As long as they are getting medical care, theyre probably not in denial, and their way of coping with cancer should be respected. For more information, please see Coping With Cancer in Everyday Life.
Unique 100+ Positive Message For Cancer Patient Family
It is not easy to be a cancer patient, but it is even harder to be a family member of a cancer patient. The stress of having someone you love sick and in pain can be overwhelming. You are worried about them, but they are worried about you as well. How do you help them through this difficult time?
The best thing you can do is show them that they are not alone. When your loved one has cancer, its important that you let them know that they can lean on you when they need help. You dont have to pretend like everything is fine because its notand thats okay!
You should also let them know that its okay if theyre scared or angry or sad, those emotions are normal in situations like this and its important that theyre able to express them without feeling guilty about it later on down the road when things get better again .
You May Like: Side Effects Of Radiation For Cancer
Well Wishes For Friends Fighting Cancer
1. This must be a really tough time for you, but I wanted to let you know that Im so impressed by your courage and endurance.
2. You are so determined to beat this cancer, and Im so proud of you. You are an inspiration to everyone around you!
3. The road ahead of you looks scary, but I wanted to let you know that we are here to support you every step of the way.
4. You have faced every doctors appointment with grace and strength, and I am in awe of how strong you are!
5. I want to be here for you in any way that I can. Is it okay with you if I schedule a cleaning service to come in next week?
6. I have no doubt that you will tackle cancer the same way you have every other obstacle in your life: with grit and determination and your fierce Ive-got-this attitude!
7. When the day comes that you are cancer-free, I will be there to celebrate right alongside you. Keep up that positive attitude because youve got this.
8. Dont think about it like you are dying from cancer you are living with cancer. And one day, youll be living without it!
9. Cancer picked the wrong diva to mess with! I am so sorry you are going through this, but I know you will fight it with all that you have.
10. When Im having a bad day, I think of you and your positive attitude. You are such an inspiration, and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
12. If you are feeling up for it on Saturday, Id love to take you for something to eat. Tell me where you want to go, and I will be there to pick you up!
Funny Messages For A Friend With Cancer
Friends are the family you choose. Your strongest friendships are likely with people who share your values and your sense of humor. These are a few samples of things you can say or write to a friend as they battle cancer. Be sure to put your spin on the note to make it right for the person and circumstance. If you decide humor isn’t the best route, check out our suggestions for positive messages for cancer patients.
9. I know I used to complain when you dragged me out to all those cardio kickboxing classes. But now Im glad you did. With your upper-cut and my roundhouse kick, I know that we are strong enough to kick cancers butt together.
10. I bought you these healing crystals. I dont think they actually do anything. But theyre pretty, and they make great weapons. I thought youd appreciate that.
11. I was just thinking about how we used to sneak around and smoke weed during lunch period back in high school. Now we can start again and do it right out in the open! I know youre the one with cancer, but Ill do it too. You know, to give you moral support. Its the least I can do.
12. Im sorry about all the side effects of your cancer treatment. Being so sick all the time sucks. On the plus side, I bet chemotherapy means you wont have to shave your legs as much? So thats cool.
13. Nineties fashion is very in right now. Try not to feel sad about losing your hair. Weve always talked about how youd work the riot grrrl look. Heres your chance!
Don’t Miss: Mens Hats For Chemo Patients
Fighting Cancer Quotes To Encourage Patients To Keep Pushing
111. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift thats why its called the present. Bill Keane
112. Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. Sonia Ricotti
113. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. Oprah
114. Cancer is a marathon you cant look at the finish line. You take it moment by moment, sometimes breath by breath, other times step by step. Sarah Betz Bucciero
115. I dont know what tomorrow holds, but I know WHO holds tomorrow. Sigrid Devida
116. People who said I am here for you were some of the sweetest words I ever heard. Sylvia Ramsey Savage
117. Im battling cancer. Its another battle I intend to win. Arlen Specter
118. In terms of fitness and battling through cancer, exercise helps you stay strong physically and mentally. Grete Waitz
119. Cancer is a fight to the death. Either you kill it, or it will kill you. Get ready to brawl. Lawrence Wray
120. I now know why people fear cancer: because it is a slow and inevitable death, it is the very definition of cynicism and loss of spirit. So, I believed. Lance Armstrong
+ Inspirational Messages For Cancer Patients
Cancer weakens the patients and loved ones minds. So, cancer patients require support and affection so they dont feel left out. We must support any cancer-diagnosed person with comforting and encouraging words. Show your full support with a positive message since it means a lot to the person in need. It would be best to congratulate a cancer survivor with kind words. Thats why we have presented some inspiring messages for cancer patients and their families. Check them out and select a suitable one according to your preference. Supportive messages will give them confidence and bravery to fight this sickness. Encourage people living with cancer to fight so they can encourage others.
Also Check: How Long Does It Take For Cancer To Develop
I Treasure Our Friendship
When someones dealing with something as complex asbreast cancer, they may feel all the weight on their shoulders. If this sounds like a loved one, a great way to reassure them is to let them know that its OK to take care of themselves before anyone else. Tell them how much their friendship means to you and that itll continue to stay that way, no matter what.
Gift Idea For Positive Thoughts
If you are looking for an additional resource for spiritual inspiration, I cannot recommend the book Jesus Calling enough!
Several of my friends mentioned this devotional book to me after I was diagnosed. I had it on my Amazon list for a while, but never followed through with ordering it.
Then, I checked my mail one day and it was literally in my mailbox!
This book was so helpful to me during treatment but, it is especially helpful now as I try to move on with my life.
Anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer will tell you that cancer is something she/he thinks about every single day.
The physical and mental side effects from the disease are always present. The book Jesus Calling is a compilation of really short daily devotions that are super easy to read.
It really helps those trying to navigate their way through uncontrollable circumstances by helping you train that little voice in your head to think positively. Fear knocks you down sometimes, but this book was the very thing to help keep me focused on the big picture.
I particularly like the ones dedicated to moving past self-pity, letting go of worry, and focusing on living in the moment.
All of those things are obviously easier said than done. But, I find myself repeating quotes from the book in my head. It has really helped me with trying to move on and having a more positive outlook.
You can findJesus Calling here if you would like to purchase the book.
Also Check: Low-dose Chemo Hair Loss
Good Message For Cancer Patients
Hesitating about what to say is naturalyou want to provide words of comfort and condolences during a uniquely adversarial time. Weve listed a few messages that you can use as prompts to write a caring message to a friend or family member with cancer.
- When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds, and diamonds are made under pressure. Peter Marshall
- Its about focusing on the fight and not the fright. Robin Roberts
- Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. Robert Louis Stevenson
- Life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass Its about learning to dance in the rain. Vivian Greene
- Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future. Faith is the courage to dance to it today. Peter Kuzmic
- There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet. William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
- Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you. Unknown
Fighting Cancer Quotes To Inspire You To Kick Cancers Ass
71. Without hair, a queen is still a queen. Prajakta Mhadnak
72. I have cancer. Cancer doesnt have me. Marco Calderon
73. Its about focusing on the fight and not the fright. Robin Roberts
74. I wont let cancer define me, but Ill use my journey to help others. Douglas Clarke
75. My fathers death from prostate cancer in 1993 was tragic. He never complained about pain. He was a fighter. Zoe Wanamaker
76. Im happy to tell you that having been through surgery and chemotherapy and radiation, breast cancer is officially behind me. Carly Fiorina
77. Ive had a hip replacement, Ive beaten cancer, I had my hand operation, and I stopped drinking. Something inside of me just went, Im done. Eddie Van Halen
78. Cancer taught my family that my mom is much stronger than we ever thought. Faced with a devastating diagnosis, she just kept going and living never complaining. Richard Grenell
79. When I hear a guy lost a battle to cancer, that really did bother me, that thats a term. It implies that he failed and that somebody else that defeated cancer is heroic and courageous. Norm MacDonald
80. Enjoy every day without worrying about the next. Diego Zamora, pancreatic cancer survivor
You May Like: Good Gifts For Someone Going Through Chemo
Get Well Wishes For Cancer: What To Say And What Not To Say
Unfortunately cancer affects many people. 1 in 3 of us will suffer from it at some point. So theres a very good chance you will know someone, maybe a family member or friend, who has been touched by it.
If thats the case currently then you may have decided to send them a card, note or flowers during this extremely difficult time. We however understand that writing a message to someone in these circumstances is also very difficult.
Knowing the right thing to say and what to avoid can be a minefield to navigate.
There are a few different ways in which you can approach it. The most obvious is something non-committal, just wishing them well. This is the best option if you are concerned about causing any upset or ill feeling.
You can also write something encouraging and uplifting though. The person suffering may feel down and depressed so reading an encouraging message may be beneficial.
And possibly counterintuitively using humour is a good option. Although you must do so very carefully, if done right then a humorous message can be very effective.
During a tough time having something funny to cheer you up can be a welcome from everything else thats going on.
Whichever way you choose to go then use some of the example messages and wishes below. Also follow the tips for what to say and what not to say to ensure you avoid causing any offence.
Motivational Quotes For Cancer Patients
Do not make permanent decisions based off of temporary feelings. Brandi Benson
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as youd ever imagined.
Cancer is only going to be a chapter in your life, not the whole story Joe Wasser by Jennifer
Cancer opens many doors. One of the most important is your heart. Greg Anderson
There will come a time in life when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. Bishop
Cancer is a word, not a sentence. John Diamon
You can achieve anything you set your mind to. Jimmy .
When it rains, look for rainbows When its dark, look for stars.
Dont worry about tomorrow as it only ruins today. Cara
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. Buddha
Cancer is a shipwreck but there are lifeboats called HOPE and COURAGE waiting to take you back to the mainland. All you have to do is swim to them and then paddle with all your heart.
Choose hope over despair, choose love over hate. Choose smiles over frowns, choose laughs over cries. Choose acceptance over anger, choose optimism over pessimism. Choose life over cancer.
If your will to live is inspirational and your fight is motivational, your recovery will be sensational.
Read: Hope Messages and Quotes
Read Also: Skin Cancer In Dogs Pictures