Fighting Cancer Quotes To Inspire You To Kick Cancers Ass
71. Without hair, a queen is still a queen. Prajakta Mhadnak
72. I have cancer. Cancer doesnt have me.
73. Its about focusing on the fight and not the fright. Robin Roberts
74. I wont let cancer define me, but Ill use my journey to help others. Douglas Clarke
75. My fathers death from prostate cancer in 1993 was tragic. He never complained about pain. He was a fighter. Zoe Wanamaker
76. Im happy to tell you that having been through surgery and chemotherapy and radiation, breast cancer is officially behind me. Carly Fiorina
77. Ive had a hip replacement, Ive beaten cancer, I had my hand operation, and I stopped drinking. Something inside of me just went, Im done. Eddie Van Halen
78. Cancer taught my family that my mom is much stronger than we ever thought. Faced with a devastating diagnosis, she just kept going and living never complaining. Richard Grenell
79. When I hear a guy lost a battle to cancer, that really did bother me, that thats a term. It implies that he failed and that somebody else that defeated cancer is heroic and courageous. Norm MacDonald
80. Enjoy every day without worrying about the next. Diego Zamora, pancreatic cancer survivor
You May Like: Good Gifts For Someone Going Through Chemo
Comforting Messages For Chemo Treatment
Its Ok To Put Yourself First
We all want to give our friends and family the world, no matter what condition were in. Letting your loved ones know that its okay to take care of themselves first is so important — and its perfectly alright when they do so. If they have kids, offer to make them dinner one night, or simply carpool to their next soccer game. Letting your friends know that you can help out for a while and allow them to heal is completely warranted and will certainly be appreciated.
Read Also: Test For Colon Cancer At Home
Inspiring & Hopeful Cancer Quotes
Many cancer patients find comfort and inspiration through the words and experiences of others. According to the American Cancer Society, connecting with other patients and sharing experiences positive or negative can make a difference in your mental health during and after treatment.
Read below for quotes from cancer patients and survivors about treatment and not losing hope.
Going through cancer treatment is emotionally and physically exhausting, but staying positive is a double-edged sword. Cancer is hard. Really hard. Staying positive can be easier said than done, but making connections through cancer patient stories can help you cope. Read quotes from cancer survivors about staying positive while living with cancer.
From noticing those early symptoms to getting an official diagnosis, cancer presents a lot of uncertainty. Jillian J., a synovial sarcoma survivor, understands how difficult the diagnosis can be, but she offers words of hope.
When youre diagnosed, thats the worst of it. The initial diagnosis is so traumatic. All the unknowns and everything being so new is so hard.
It will get better.
Jamie K., a papillary thyroid cancer survivor, understands that staying positive means more than just putting on a happy face. Staying positive means being in touch with your feelings and being open and honest.
Dont be afraid to ask for help
Hair loss quotes from cancer survivors
Encouraging Cancer Quotes For Patients To Inspire Hope
CaringBridge Staff | 10.12.22
When it comes to cancer, we understand that finding the right words can be a challenge. Whether you or a loved one is going through a cancer journey, learning how to give and ask for support can take time. Having a supportive quote or two on hand can be a great relief when you are in need of some calming words to cherish or share.
In this article, we compiled a list of our favorite cancer quotes that aim to inspire hope and encourage an optimistic outlook for those battling cancer. If you or your loved one would appreciate a positive quote, here 20 inspiring quotes for someone going through a cancer journey:
You have to be willing to give up the life you planned, and instead, greet the life that is waiting for you.
Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.
Also Check: Blood Tests For Liver Cancer
The Human Spirit Is Stronger Than Anything That Can Happen To It Cc Scott
While sending them an inspirational message or a quote various questions come to mind: What messages can you convey to them that are relaxing and reassuring? What terms should people use when they are about to face their most difficult challenge? Well, stop thinking and just send this cool inspirational message.
Encouraging Words For Cancer Patients
Being a cancer patient is not about trying to beat the odds. Its about knowing that the odds will beat you if you dont give it your best.
The only way to beat cancer is to accept the reality, embrace the pain and find the courage to move forward, one day at a time.
Life after cancer: Eat, travel, read, laugh, have fun, cuddle, kiss, dance, exercise, work, play, write, run, sleep, ride, flirt, celebrate, love, smile, cook, hug yes, it is all worth fighting for.
Winning over cancer is all about embracing one of the most innocent virtues of mankind TRUST. Trust your doctors, trust your treatment, trust your family and most importantly, trust your prayers.
Whatever you do, hold on to hope. The tiniest thread will twist into an unbreakable cord. Let hope anchor you in the possibility that this is not the end of your story, that change will bring you to peaceful shores.
Being a cancer patient is all about rearranging just one word. Instead of thinking will I survive, you must say I will survive.
Fill your veins with medicines, fill your heart with love, fill your mind with determination and fill your soul with hope so that cancer has no place to stay in your life.
Once diagnosed with cancer, life becomes quite simple and comes down to just two choices give up or fight back with everything youve got.
Keep walking, keep running and let cancer be the shadow that disappears when life turns a new day.
Also Read: Never Give Up Messages
Recommended Reading: Stage 3 Cervical Cancer Life Expectancy
Fighting Cancer Quotes To Make You Strong
31. Having cancer gave me membership in an elite club Id rather not belong to. Gilda Radner
32. Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence it pushes one to live.
33. Cancer is such a ruthless adversary because it behaves as if it has its own fiendishly cunning agenda. Paul Davies
34. Some days there wont be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. Emory Austin
35. Cancer affects all of us, whether youre a daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, or patient. Jennifer Aniston
36. We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival. Winston Churchill
37. Optimism is the foundation of courage. Nicholas Murray Butler
38. Cancer is only going to be a chapter in your life, not the whole story Joe Wasser
39. Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances that we know to be desperate. G. K. Chesterton
40. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength. Corrie ten Boom
Get Well Messages For Someone With Cancer
Its difficult to know what to say or write to someone who is facing an uncertain future. But the truth is, the future is uncertain for all of us. Facing cancer can feel scary. So, what can be said to bring comfort to a someone who has just received a diagnosis or who is already undergoing treatment?
Cancer has a way of eliminating the unimportant things in life and leaving what matters mostlove. So, when youre trying to come up with the right words, just remember that cancer patients dont need platitudes. They just need to be surrounded with love, comfort, and well-timed encouragement.
At Spoonful of Comfort, we understand on a personal level the ways cancer can sneak in and turn life upside down. The inspiration for the creation of our company occurred when founder and CEO, experienced the loss of her own mother from cancer. After experiencing this tragedy, she found herself wanting to bring comfort to others. Spoonful of Comfort works every day to do just that. In honor of all those facing cancer, weve developed this article to help you find loving words to be supportive during this difficult time.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
If you dont know what to write, its okay to say so. Openly acknowledging your lack for the right words is better than accidentally saying something insensitive, which is easy to do when you havent experienced cancer yourself.
Message Ideas for Someone with Cancer
Quote to Share with Your Loved One
What Not to Say
You May Like: What To Expect After Chemo
Fighting Cancer Quotes To Encourage You To Have Something To Look Forward To And Keep Going
101. One of the things that can help people with cancer is having something that you really look forward to doing, so that you can focus on that while the treatments are going on. I guess its like saying, I have unfinished business left before I die. Joe Marelle
102. Cancer gave me an understanding of the point of all this. To survive. Most of our lives it is easy but for the moments when it becomes difficult, when an accident or sickness or sadness strikes, its just about remembering one thing. You must simply survive. Shaun Hick
103. I think cancer is a hard battle to fight alone or with another person at your side, but I will say having someone to pick you up when you fall, standing by your side through every appointment and delivery of bad news, is priceless. Jenna Morasca
104. Cancer has shown me what family is. It showed me a love that I never knew really existed. Michael Douglas
105. Who can say they have been through cancer twice and beat it? Confront the world, Aundrea. Youre alive. Be proud of the strong woman you are and stop hiding behind your wig. Amanda Maxlyn
106. The failure to think positively can weigh on a cancer patient like a second disease. Barbara Ehrenreich
107. A life touched by cancer is not a life destroyed by cancer. Drew Boswel
110. There can be life after breast cancer. The prerequisite is early detection. Ann Jillian
Positive Messages For A Cancer Patient
Nobody was born wishing to be struck by cancer. Consider tender babies and school-age kids with shaved heads who know little about the normal life but more of doctors appointments and cold, beeping machines for the most part of their God-given lives. Consider too, the once-lively dad who supported his family in different ways he could, but has been recently diagnosed with deadly cancer with slim chances of survival. Finally, imagine a young mother with dreams and aspirations for her newly born baby, who is battling with breast cancer.
All have one thing in common: the need for strength, love, and encouragement to face cancer. Let a cancer patient know you are with them with these words of encouragement:
Also Check: How To Save Eyebrows During Chemo
Get Well Wishes For Cancer: What To Say And What Not To Say
Unfortunately cancer affects many people. 1 in 3 of us will suffer from it at some point. So theres a very good chance you will know someone, maybe a family member or friend, who has been touched by it.
If thats the case currently then you may have decided to send them a card, note or flowers during this extremely difficult time. We however understand that writing a message to someone in these circumstances is also very difficult.
Knowing the right thing to say and what to avoid can be a minefield to navigate.
There are a few different ways in which you can approach it. The most obvious is something non-committal, just wishing them well. This is the best option if you are concerned about causing any upset or ill feeling.
You can also write something encouraging and uplifting though. The person suffering may feel down and depressed so reading an encouraging message may be beneficial.
And possibly counterintuitively using humour is a good option. Although you must do so very carefully, if done right then a humorous message can be very effective.
During a tough time having something funny to cheer you up can be a welcome from everything else thats going on.
Whichever way you choose to go then use some of the example messages and wishes below. Also follow the tips for what to say and what not to say to ensure you avoid causing any offence.
Humorous Words For Someone With Cancer
While cancer is nothing to joke about, humor is sometimes exactly what someone who is facing a serious illness needs. Make sure the time is right before incorporating humor into your interactions with a cancer patient so that the message will be well received. When things are so serious all of the time, a chuckle or two is exactly what is needed. After all, sometimes just getting your mind off “the Big C” is the best way to fight it.
- More men die of jealousy than cancer.” – Joseph Patrick Kennedy
- Well, you always wondered what smoking weed was like. Now, you can find out!
- We’re going to buy you the most fabulous earrings. Bald is beautiful, girl.
- On the bright side, you wont have any bad hair days for a while!
- Guess what? You officially have a “get out of jail free” card for all those lunches you try to avoid with your in-laws!
- Youve always wanted a good reason to get out of hosting Thanksgiving at your house. Now you have one.
- Cancer didnt know what it was in for when it decided to hassle you!
- Laughter may have some healing properties, but I like the odds of chemo and radiation.
- Remember that year when your number one goal was to survive? Oh yeah, thats right now!
- They say that what doesnt kill you makes you stronger? Im betting on stronger.
Read Also: What Are The 3 Types Of Cancer Genes
Get Well Messages For Cancer Patients
Thanks a lot for never giving up and believing in your recovery. Get well soon.
Dear, youre the toughest person Ive ever met, and I look forward to you getting better and feeling like yourself again.
Its inspiring to see you fight your way back to health. I cant wait for you to get well.
No matter how hard time cancer gives you give it back two harder times. Get well soon, cannot wait to be back to our regular.
You are such an inspiration fighting through this battle so bravely. Get well soon. You deserve all the love.
Thank you for not running away from fear. You inspire me every day. I cannot wait to get your brave story out to the world. Get well soon.
Even though cancer is beating you up, let your positivity make its way and do the thing. Spread your beautiful wing. Praying for your recovery.
Thank you for maintaining everything to defeat cancer. May you soon get to do your life on your terms. May God bless you.
Thank you for not fleeing from your fears. May you soon get well.
In your challenging journey toward recovery, Im with you. I look forward to your recovery.
I am so proud of your strength. Thank you for being positive in every way possible. Get well soon, dear. We miss you in the hangout so much.
I cannot wait to hear some bad jokes about cancer when you become fit and fine. Get well soon, I pray for your recovery every day.
Any Time You Need To Talk Ill Listen
Having someone there to just listen can be enormously helpful for someone with cancer. Theyre experiencing a lot of emotions, and you can provide an outlet for whatever they want to talk about.
Start a CaringBridge Site
A free CaringBridge online health journal allows you to update everyone at once and offers a scheduling tool to help you coordinate caring tasks.
You May Like: Icd 10 Code For Small Cell Lung Cancer